Top 20 MEAN Stack developer interview Questions
For interview purposes, the MEAN stack developer’s knowledge in front-end and back-end development, database management, and proficiency in MEAN technologies, such as MongoDB, Express.js, AngularJS, and Node.js, can be crucial in securing the job. A MEAN stack developer can showcase their expertise in developing complex web applications, ensuring seamless performance, and problem-solving skills to ace the interview process.
1. What is a MEAN stack and how does it work?
Answer: A MEAN stack is a collection of four powerful technologies used for building web applications: MongoDB, Express.js, AngularJS, and Node.js. MongoDB is a NoSQL database, Express.js is a web application framework, AngularJS is a front-end framework, and Node.js is a server-side platform.
2. What is AngularJS and what are its features?
3. What is Node.js and what are its features?
4. What is MongoDB and how does it differ from a traditional relational database?
Answer: MongoDB is a NoSQL document-based database that uses JSON-like documents with optional schemas. It differs from traditional relational databases by being schema-less, horizontally scalable, and designed for distributed systems.
5. How do you debug Node.js applications?
Answer: You can use the built-in debugging module in Node.js called “debug” or use a third-party tool like “node-inspector” or “WebStorm”.
6. What is Express.js and what are its features?
Answer: Express.js is a fast, unopinionated, and minimalist web application framework for Node.js. Its features include middleware support, routing, and templating.
7. How do you handle errors in a MEAN stack application?
Answer: You can use error-handling middleware in Express.js and use try-catch blocks in Node.js. You can also use logging tools like Winston or Bunyan to log errors.
8. What is a RESTful API and how is it used in a MEAN stack application?
Answer: A RESTful API is a web service that uses HTTP requests to GET, PUT, POST, and DELETE data. It is used in a MEAN stack application to provide data to the front end using JSON format.
9. What is Angular Material and how is it used in a MEAN stack application?
Answer: Angular Material is a UI component library for AngularJS. It provides pre-built UI components like buttons, forms, and grids that can be used in a MEAN stack application.
10. What is Mongoose and how is it used in a MEAN stack application?
Answer: Mongoose is an Object Data Modeling (ODM) library for MongoDB. It provides a straightforward, schema-based solution for modeling data in a MEAN stack application.
11. What is the difference between AngularJS and Angular?
12. What is CORS and how do you handle it in a MEAN stack application?
Answer: CORS stands for Cross-Origin Resource Sharing and is used to allow or restrict access to resources on different domains. In a MEAN stack application, you can use a middleware like “cors” in Express.js to handle CORS.
13. How do you test a MEAN stack application?
Answer: You can use tools like Mocha, Chai, and Sinon for testing the Node.js backend and Karma and Jasmine for testing the AngularJS front.
14. What is a web socket and how is it used in a MEAN stack application?
Answer: A web socket is a protocol used for real-time, two-way communication between a server and a client. In a MEAN stack application, you can use a library like Socket.io to handle the web.
15. What is NoSQL? Explain its differences from SQL.
Answer: NoSQL is a non-relational database management system that is designed to handle large volumes of unstructured data. It differs from SQL in that it does not use tables and schema, and it provides a flexible data model.
16. Explain the concept of Single Page Application (SPA)?
17. What is the purpose of JWT in authentication?
Answer: JWT (JSON Web Token) is a standard for creating JSON-based access tokens that are used for authentication purposes. It is used to securely transmit information between two parties.
18. What is the purpose of the BodyParser middleware in ExpressJS?
Answer: The BodyParser middleware is used in ExpressJS to parse the body of incoming HTTP requests and expose it in the req. body object.
19. What is the purpose of the nodemon tool in Node.js?
Answer: nodemon is a tool that automatically restarts the Node.js application whenever a change is detected in the source code. It is used to speed up the development process.
20. What is the purpose of the $http service in AngularJS?
Answer: The $http service is used in AngularJS to make HTTP requests to a server and retrieve data.
In conclusion, the interview questions for MEAN Stack Developers are crucial to ensure that the candidates have the skills and knowledge required for the job. At Sensation Solutions Training, we provide top-notch MEAN Stack Development Course in Chandigarh, and our team of experts has the expertise and experience to handle any project. By studying and practicing these basic interview questions, you will gain a better understanding of MEAN Stack and increase your chances of landing your dream job.