What To Know Before Starting To Develop Taxi Booking App
Nowadays it seems that more and more Individuals, especially futuristic, are quitting the typical taxi service and adopting taxi hailing apps. Also, more and more people quit the idea of driving their own car and spending money on fuel and all the maintenance costs, and prefer this type of app. Taxi booking apps have most success in the urban areas, and one best example is Uber. This app was launched in 2009 and it has reached huge success.
Inspired by this app, more and more people try to build their success and to create new taxi booking app with this purpose. Taxi Management Software is solving the problem of users struggling for transportation to travel from one place to another on a daily basis. Today, can you imagine your life now without the existence of car rental services? The expanding demands of cab and car rental services draw in youthful business innovation to enter this business and start taxi booking app projects. As a result of this, car rental services are one of the strongest emerging industries across the globe. With the help of fleet management software, the taxi and cab tracking system issues are resolved with best and efficient solutions helping the industry to focus on transportation only.
But what should you take into account when planning to develop an app for taxi booking? Let’s see a brief list of some things you should consider in this situation:
1. Take a look at your competition.Before launching an app, it is essential to analyze where you’re standing on the market. At the same time, take into account the location where you want to execute it. If it is a small town, determine if there really is a need for a service or taxi booking app?
2. Check the interface.With all the things that you have to remember in an interface, it’s quite a difficult task to make space for all of them and to create a visual conformity that will combine all the components. Nobody accesses an app where it’s hard to find what it offers or where you can find a particular feature.
3. Do you have the right cars?Not every car is applicable for being a taxi, so it’s good to inform yourself in advance. Try as much as possible to have cars that are assembled for this type of service and which are safe. Look for ones with clean interiors as well as exterior and with lots of space for luggage.
4. Bring a unique and original feature in the app.There are already numerous taxi apps available online, so why should users choose yours? Maybe a new feature, a new design or an organized menu will make the difference. Or probably the Quick availability, quality of the car, good marketing and professionalism!
5. GPS and maps.Nowadays, geo location has become important when it comes to taxi or ride sharing. The GPS facility goes along with the Google Maps app. Together they are extremely helpful for finding the quickest route and thus saving time. Moreover, the client is sure that the driver really takes the fastest route.
6. Payment integration feature.This feature is significantly useful, since it lets the taxi customers know about the source and the destination of the ride, the distance and the payment information as soon as the ride is over. One thing that is worth appreciating about the successful taxi apps is the fact that you don’t require cash when paying, you can pay online.
7. Licenses and insurances.Even though it might take you some time, you must have all the documents related to your vehicle in order to start offering the service. A driver must have his own commercial driver license from your local authorities. Ensure all the cabs registration is done with all the inspections, so that they are safe to use. Moreover, you should check the insurance costs and pick the most convenient one for your business.
8. Car tracking.Not only is this helpful for safety reasons or in case a user orders a cab for somebody else, but it is also an interactive method to attract users. An appealing design is interesting to see, and many users like to follow the route on their devices.
9. Notification features.Having a push notification feature is very useful, and many customers appreciate that they enjoy this particular feature. Most of the time, apps include in their push notifications welcome notes, thank you notes, information about the payments, the source and the destination of the trip and other information.
10. Remember the driver needs too.Drivers also prefer to have a clean and easy to use interface, to control their options quickly and to keep in touch with the customers in real time.
So pay attention to all these points while developing a taxi booking app. Moreover, remember that some drivers may not be familiar with technology, so a simple interface will be helpful for them.
There are different apps for transportation that you can build:
Taxi management software
Taxi Management Software helps you in managing all drivers and customers in an easier way. It helps you in managing the whole process effectively and also makes life easy and hassle-free for drivers and passengers. We all know how important the taxi management software is for taxi business. As defined by the industry forerunners, typical taxi management software should have separate mobile or web applications for passenger, driver, dispatcher, and admin. Taxi Management Software has separate mobile or web applications for Passengers, Drivers and Admin.
Taxi booking app
There are numerous taxi booking apps that can be seen on the app stores these days and there is always scope for newer and better apps. The app stores are flooded with on-demand taxi booking apps that have features that lure one to book only via these applications. The taxi booking apps are a solution to several problems like reducing the waiting time on the road, looking out for cabs under the sun, and several other things. The taxi booking apps have witnessed significant growth in recent years and it is going to grow exponentially in the coming years as well. Taxi booking apps these days have adopted the advanced methods of making payments including payments through cards, online banking, and mobile wallets, among others. This has made it very handy and useful.
Car rental Solutions
A car rental service will help raise awareness of your business among customers. If you already have a business that rents cars, creating your own app will be a great way to make the process of selling your services simpler for your consumers. What’s more, increased brand awareness will cause you to attract new customers. Car rental apps, taking into account also social trends: among others, moving away from traditional ownership model to sharing economy is a factor of great opportunities for car rental businesses. However, it is worth knowing about the fact that the competition in the car rental services market is huge. Car rental scheduling, cancellation, fee estimation or so-called “instant booking” is something that must be included in every car rental app.
Taxi fleet management software
Taxi fleet management software is used to help fleet managers save time, money, and manpower, while getting insights that can only come from advanced machine calculations. Whether you’re looking for coach, truck, or taxi fleet management software, there are several factors to consider. The purpose of this software is to maintain an accurate and up-to-date overview of vehicle diagnostics, geolocation, and identifying risky or unsafe driver behaviors while simultaneously reducing manager workload. The bigger the fleet and the more specialized the fleet functions, the more data points your taxi fleet management software will need to collect – and the more time you will save on manual input and analysis. However, even small fleets can benefit from taxi fleet management software.
To sum up, it is not an easy task to build a taxi booking app, considering that you have to consider a number of factors, starting from the competition, the local fares, the required documentation and going all the way to app interface, payment integration and car quality.
Want to develop a taxi booking app like Uber? Contact us now. Sensation Solutions provide high quality mobile apps at competitive rates. Our experienced mobile app developer’s team have delivered interactive mobile apps to clients all over the world.